Canyon Creek Little League
Board Meeting Minutes January 9, 2012
Jeni Bernard, Diana Waterson, John Morris, Scott Love, Paul Leffel, Josh Nevarez, Michael Marver, David Lawrence, Rick Charles, Scott Anderson, Mark Gonsalves, John Struempf, David Verespey, John Giffins, Michelle Stanchina
The meeting was called to order by John Morris at 7:08 p.m.
1. Presidents Report
– By unanimous vote of the Executive Board, John Morris will be the President of CCLL for the 2011/2012 season. The bylaws will be amended to reflect the change and Little League will be notified.
2. Treasurer Report
– Michael Marver will finalize the budget with the revisions made at the Executive Board meeting.
3. Safety Review
– The safety report is in the process of being reviewed and will be submitted to Little League by February 29, 2012.
4. Division Directors Report
Majors have their pitching and catching training scheduled.
- Practice times will go out soon.
- AAA home run fence is in place for use. John Giffins will schedule a coaches meeting on the proper use and set up.
5. General Discussion
House Rules – The House Rules need to be updated and submitted by January 31, 2012.
Challengers – Challengers registration will be added to the CCLL website. Jamboree will be held Memorial Day weekend. CCLL will look into having volunteers attend this event.
Training – All training sessions are in the process of being finalized.
50/70 – Mark Gonsalves will attend the upcoming 50/70 meeting and will report at the next board of directors meeting.
Equipment - Equipment distribution will be held January 29th and 31st. Practice jerseys will also be handed out at that time.
Opening Day – Opening Day will be held March 17, 2012 at Memorial Park. John Morris will get permits for this event. The board will receive bids on possibly having the event catered this year.
Picture Day – CCLL picture day will be held either April 21st or 29th. John Morris will get permits for this event.
Sponsorship – Missing banner at Memorial needs to be replaced. It was decided that if a current sponsor changes their sponsorship amount, the size of their banner would reflect the change.
Next Board Meeting
Scheduling –John Morris will draw up a mock schedule with inter/intra league games.
– February 13, 2012.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:11 p.m.
Jeni Bernard – CCLL Secretary 2011/2012.