Canyon Creek Little League
Board Meeting Minutes December 12, 2011
Kelvin Friedel, Diana Waterson, John Morris, Paul Leffel, Josh Nevarez, Michael Marver, David Lawrence, Mark Gonsalves, Lorraine Kalich, John Struempf, Russ DeLonzor, Juan Jones, Gary Wallace
The meeting was called to order by Kelvin Friedel at 7:06 p.m.
1. Presidents Report
– The Board is in search of a person to fill the President’s position. Kelvin Friedel will send out an email blast to all board members asking for candidates. A vote of the membership will need to take place if the candidate is not already an Executive Board member. Little League documents will need to be changed once the position has been filled.
2. Treasurer Report
– Michael Marver will present the year to date financials at the next Board Meeting.
3. Safety Review
– There are no safety items at this time. Michael Kanceljak will review the safety report and present any changes to the Executive Board for review. An email will go out to the division directors reminding them of the procedures on reporting an injury.
4. Division Directors Report
All upper division players have been contacted.
- T-Ball/Rookie directors are looking into getting managers in place.
- Training and safety meetings will be held prior to the start of season.
- Junior’s gold teams have been selected. Junior’s program is requesting more involvement from CCLL and would like games advertised on CCLL’s website.
5. General Discussion
House Rules – The House Rules need to be updated and submitted by January 31, 2012.
Charter – The Charter must be completed and fees submitted by December 31, 2011. New Operating Manuals and Green Books need to be ordered.
Draft – All upper division teams have been drafted and players have been notified. Those players that were sick or injured and could not attend tryouts will be placed on team at their appropriate level of play. II-d forms to need to be verified for those players out of CCLL’s boundaries.
Warm Up Days – A warm up day for the lower divisions will be held January 7, 2012, rain or shine.
Call Ups – The Board will discuss the call up procedure before the season starts.
Home Run Fence – A home run fence has been located and will be put up for games at Twin Creeks. The Board will look into have the city paint a distance line for easy set up.
Batting Cages – The committee was not in attendance, so further discussion will continue at the next meeting.
Training – All proposals are in and options are being evaluated for final decisions. Training will be similar to last year, but will begin sooner.
Equipment - Additional baseballs and base pegs need to be ordered. The Board will look into replacing or repairing scoreboards. Need to schedule a date to pass out equipment to managers.
Uniforms – CCLL uniforms will be MLB replica jerseys and hats. Numbers will be individualized and a have CCLL/LL patches on the arms. Managers will ask player’s size and number choice for ordering. A motion was made and seconded that CCLL change to MLB replica jerseys for the 2012 season. All were in favor and the motion passed.
Next Board Meeting
Scheduling –John Morris will draw up a mock schedule with inter/intra league games.
– January 9, 2011.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:50 p.m.
Jeni Bernard – CCLL Secretary 2011/2012.