Canyon Creek Little League Board Meeting Minutes February 14, 2011 Toltec Cabana
Present: Scott Love, John Morris, David Bellinger, Josh Nevarez, Michael Kanceljak, Scott Anderson, Phil Tsang, Ross McKeon, John Giffins, Rick Charles, Amy Steinmetz, Michelle Stanchina, Michelle Simpson, Diana Waterson, David Verespey, Michael Marver, Jeni Bernard
Prior to calling the meeting to order, Diane Gross, grandmother to Koby Gross, presented to members of the executive board a letter requesting documentation. This item was not on the agenda and will be reviewed by the executive board at a later date.
The meeting was called to order by John Morris at 7:09 p.m.
1. President’s Report
a. Opening Day Permit – A permit has been requested and approved for opening day to be held on March 19, 2011.
b. 50/70 Program – At this time the 50/70 program is expected not to get off the ground.
2. Treasurer’s Report – A pie chart has been placed on the website showing where CCLL funds are allocated. All volunteer refund requests are being processed as they are submitted.
3. Safety Director - It was reported that there is a safety issue regarding gopher holes at Memorial Park. This will be conveyed to the City in hopes to be resolved.
4. Umpiring – All umpires will be supplied with a list of approved bats. UIC rules are the same as last year. A copy of the UIC responsibilities will be placed in the manager’s binder.
5. Training Coordinator– First week of training went well. Josh needs volunteers for the upcoming February 20th training to be held at Bollinger Fields. It was suggested in getting documented feedback from both coaches and parents regarding the player trainings.
6. Head Team Parent – The team parent meeting has been held. Picture day is set for April 23 and packets will be distributed. Giants little league day has been scheduled for June 5.
7. New Business
a. Division Directors – All background checks have been completed. T-Ball is still in need of managers. Division directors need to send out information to managers regarding the rules on the player pool.
b. Challengers Program – Challenger games will be played Sunday’s beginning April 6, 2011 in Dublin. It was suggested that CCLL Major’s teams volunteer to assist at these games. The Challenger Jamboree is set for memorial weekend.
c. Manager Binders – It was suggested that the division directors put together a binder for each manager that would include pitch count rules, rules for pitchers and catchers, a list of approved bats and what the responsibilities of a UIC are.
8. Old Business
a. Uniforms – All uniforms have been distributed.
b. Sponsorship Coordinator – Michelle Stanchina is in the process of ordering sponsorship banners for CCLL’s Opening Day presentation.
Next Board Meeting – March 21, 2011.
Meeting was adjourned at 8:45 p.m. by John Morris.
Respectfully submitted: Jeni Bernard – CCLL Secretary 2010/2011.